Friday, April 5, 2013

Illustration Friday: Urban

It's Illustration Friday!
Every week, the website 
Illustration Friday posts a word and invites everyone to submit their illustrations for all to see. 

The word this week is URBAN
Since I've been pulling many all-nighters this week. I'm going into my archives for this week's image.

This image is from a children's book I was working on long ago, but never published. I was experimenting with altering images from NYC as the background. The character, Lil' Mouse, was painted digitally
 and shaded on top of the abstract images of the city. I did about 8 pages of the story before moving on to another project. (One of the reasons for dropping the project was the concern of owner's rights to the original NYC photos I used and manipulated.)

Cover to a children's book concept using abstract photos of NYC merged with digital characters and type.
The background used here was an image of NYC's Time Square.
Want to see more images of what others are doing with the word?
Have an image you want to show everyone else? Then go here: Illustration Friday