Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fuzzy Monsta!


It's great when you get the muse of creating stuff and new ideas start popping in your head.This little guy is a concept for another children's book story that I will hopefully publish one day. As with most character designs, I will return to it again one day and tweak the look. I find giving a character some time and returning with a fresh look helps fine tune the overall look.


This is the first time I used the program SketchBook Pro, trying out it's interface to see if I like the control better than ArtRage. I like the painting feel and flow of the program's control, the color picker is very handy and the interface is uncluttered - but I still prefer ArtRage's control of the line. It may just take getting used to and tweaking the brushes to how I want them to work.