Thursday, December 28, 2023

My Top 10 AI Images of 2023 - - - - - - - - - - - #6 Capt. Billy Buttons

I have a favorite character I created for a children's book named Captain Billy Buttons, who is a pirate and serves as my company mascot for my ARRRGGGHHH Ink illustrations on social media. When experimenting with AI, I typed his name into an AI art generator just to get an idea of who AI thought the name represented. The result was unexpected and insane. 

AI interpreted "Captain Billy Buttons" quite literally, covering the character with colorful, button-like pox, resembling a vibrant candy infection from a Willie Wonka candy factory. His expression is one of great surprise yet he remains at attention, as if he's bravely posing for this photograph despite his unusual appearance. 

This outcome was a delightful surprise, transforming my silly pirate name into something so whimsically bizarre. Love it!