Monday, January 1, 2024

Baby New Years 2024 - The Year of AI

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Every year around this time, I recreate versions of my original Baby New Year character kicking in the new year, which I created 10 years ago in 2013. It has always been very popular among visitors to this site, and it definitely gets stolen by MANY people who download other's artwork to call it their own and sell it online.

This year, something a little different: I'm using AI to create Baby New Year based on my original drawing.  

Behold, the AI-generated version of the 2024 Baby New Year

To be honest, this little guy was a combination of 4 AI images, which had to be altered, assembled, and touched up -- so it probably took me much longer to do than simply draw a new illustration. 

The first Baby New Year image from 2013, using brush pens, a Gelly Roll pen, and Copic Markers

The original concept pencil sketch in 2013