Saturday, December 23, 2023

My Top 10 AI Images of 2023 - - - - - - - - - - - #2 Willie Wonka Kaboom

I've been working on this kid's book draft for years now; directly inspired by Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", and the original classic movie with Gene Wilder as the titular character. I tried making some Wonka images. The final result was way cooler than I thought it'd be. 

Yes, the candy parts are a bit vague, but the whole 'candy explosion' was great. I do wish I could've thrown in some floating Wonka bars, but AI's still iffy with logos and fonts and placement of items.

Something has gone terribly wrong with Wonka’s candy factory.

At first, the images generated weren’t looking like the Gene Wilder Wonka I wanted. Many weren’t truly Wilder-like at all. These images were mimicking Wilder’s features, with nothing relative to the character. Anyone who uses AI knows, it takes time, patience, and a bit o’ luck to get the images you hope to generate. So I had to learn how to keep building up details, eliminating what wasn’t working and adding to the description what was missing.

Here are a few of the original terrible results . . . 

1st attempt was so bad and dreary - especially in grayscale. (What’s the blue container in front for???)

This one was so manic; Wonka looks as though he could kill, (or maybe he already hid the body?)

Again with the grayscale, feeling like a depression era image, with a heavier Gene Wilder