Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Dynamic and Explosive AI Character Developing

- - - - UPDATE - - - - (Posted on: Tuesday, October 25, 2023)

I meant to show the explosive level of creating a character with powers.
I truly lucked out on this image; so powerful and filled with emotion. I do feel like this image used some reference to Jean Grey of the X-men, the outfit and long red hair seem to echo that character throughout the image. For those interested, here is the prompt and settings use:

Using Leonardo.ai • Dimensions:744px x 1320px • Resonance:15 • Contrast Boost:0.5 • PhotoReal:On • Alchemy:On • Preset:Cinematic • Raw:On • Field of Depth:Low • Seed:963356160

Prompt: A Photograph capturing a woman's explosive fury in a comic book style. Show her intense anger radiating from her body as energy bolts crackle around her, her eyes ablaze with fiery rage. Use dynamic lines, bold colors, and exaggerated facial expressions to convey the intensity of her wrath.

- - - - UPDATE - - - - (Posted on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023)
Finally, after several attempts, I was able to generate the image I wanted. The image depicts a female character with deadly psionic daggers, glowing green eyes, and short red hair. She wields her daggers with precision and skill. Creating an image can be a time-consuming and challenging process, but with patience and perseverance, you can achieve your desired outcome.
Below are some tips that may help you in your creative journey:
• Set a clear goal: Before you start creating, it’s important to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve. This will help you stay focused and motivated throughout the process.
• Experiment with different techniques: Don’t be afraid to try new things! Experimenting with different techniques can help you discover new ways of creating and lead to unexpected results.
• Take breaks: Creating can be mentally exhausting, so it’s important to take breaks when you need them. This will help you stay refreshed and avoid burnout.
• Stay positive: Creating can be frustrating at times, but it’s important to stay positive and keep pushing forward. Remember that every mistake is an opportunity to learn and grow.
- - - - Original Post - - - - (Posted on: Monday, October 23, 2023)
My favorite genre of video games is strategy, which includes card games, puzzles, and role-playing games. Recently, I have been playing some role-playing games that let me customize my character with my own image or artwork. I always choose the rogue or ranger class in RPGs, but this time I decided to try something different: a Soul Blade rogue. This is a character who creates psionic blades with their mind, similar to Psylocke from the X-Men comics. To make a realistic profile image for my character, I used an AI tool that can generate graphic art. My character is a female half-elf with short red hair in a pixie cut and glowing green eyes. Her eyes match the color of her psionic blades. She wears leather armor and has sigils and fae symbols tattooed on her arms.
This image was detailed, but it did not match my specifications. AI often overlooked some aspects of the prompt, and some times it requires more resources to generate a closer approximation. In other words, "Ya gotta spend more to get more". Negatives: The character’s hair was too long, there was no indication of half-elf ancestry, and nothing glowed in the image.
This one looked better, had more of the details I was asking for, but still felt static. Pretty much a posed portrait style - I wanted more dynamic action in the image. Hair was shorte and redder. Blade glows, eyes not so much. No tats due to long sleeve. Back to the AI drawing board.
This image is lively and fun, but a bit too cartoonish; and like so many female characters generated using AI, big breasted. Her eyes are attractive, but they are green instead of the color I wanted. The sword is also red and fiery, not purple and glowing. This is a common problem with AI; it overuses the colors that are specified in the prompt. If I ask for green eyes, it also added green clothing and a green shaded background. I mentioned red hair, it made the sword a fiery red (not to mention the left hand's glove too.) It might be very hard to get the exact colors I want from the AI – but I won’t give up.
I wanted a more rogue-like outfit, so I asked for a hooded cape and got this. I’m happy with this look, even though it’s not exactly what I had in mind. It suits my character well. This image has taken me off the main goal, but I am liking this different look for a rogue character, (not a Soulblade, but still a Rogue.) I'm going to request several more images, get better views of the character’s face for the game's dialogues.
This second image zooms in closer, but the character in not identical to the previous image. No mark on the face, different hood, and of course different weapon. These are details AI cannot duplicate... yet. These are differences, but they are very minor. This image looks great to me. But the key difference is the change of camera's angle; by adding the phrase "from above" this gives the image a more dramatic visual than the typical eye level approach.
The last image is a zoomed-in close-up on her face. Love the lighting and eye focus. I'm saving these three Rogue images, transferring them to the game's default portraits folder in the game so these will be available if I want to play a standard Rogue character. I'll be sure to go back to generating the Soulblade character I envisioned, and will update if I succeed.
Hazzah!