Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A few words on: Email, Messages and Requests

Just wanted to touch base with those who write me about this blog and with those who make requests for me to create things for them.

First, thank you for visiting my blog and having an interest in what I do here.

Second, I don't allow comments to my posts for one major reason: I can not police or control comments every waking hour of the day. I hope to someday create more picture books for children; I can not afford to have people cursing, arguing, or making crude comments on this blog.

Third, this blog's software doesn't have a good messaging system. But everyone is more than welcome to continue sending me questions and comments. I do eventually read comments/emails sent to me from this blog, but . . . please don't expect quick turn-around responses.

Finally, please do not send me requests. That is not why I have this blog. This is a blog of my random thoughts and sketches. It's a public diary, even though I don't know what I'm going to post next.

I often get requests to post more images of what I do for a living, which is product design. There are too many legal reasons why that's not going to happen. It would be unprofessional for me to show designs that are exclusive to any client. Occasionally, I will post work-related designs, but those are usually either out-of-date or they no longer have any legal restrictions.

Again, thanks to all visiting this blog.